• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Marijuana Possession less then 40 grams/Paraphernalia Washington State

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

gnomercii

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law) Washington State

Was out cruzing a few months ago, got pulled over because no front license plate, the police officer smelled marijuana in my car so he asked about it, at first i lied about it then came clean, handed over the pipe and gave him the small amount of weed (less then 1 gram specifically the top part of a mid sized bud).

After this he placed me under arrest put me in the back of his cop car and he then had his k9 search the vehicle and found nothing else.

After this took me to the police station tried to fingerprint me but was unsuccessful in doing so, then released me and took me back to my car, he didn't give me a ticket for no front plate nor the fact that i didn't have proof of valid insurance all tho i did have insurance, but did give me a ticket for Marijuana possession less/equal to 40 Grams, and possession of drug paraphernalia, the pipe did have some resin in it, so it clearly looks like it was used for the pot.

I did also have a few rolling papers, and a cigarette roller in my car, also had some cigarettes as well, the cop didn't say anything about this.

I have court next week for this for an arraignment and what i am wondering is how likely will i be sentenced to the Washington state minimum sentence of 24 hours, and a fine of 250 dollars?

I talked with a friend and her ex boyfriend was charged with same thing however it was his first offense as well and the judge made him pay a 250 dollar fine and had him go to 1 drug treatment class.

Also since its just the arraignment will they place me under arrest and take me to jail during this court apperance or will it be taken to trial/sentancing/hearing?

Also do i need to obtain a lawyer or would it be okay to get a public defender?

Some info on me.

Age - 22

Any help would be great

Thanks in advance!
No criminal background, few traffic violations over 3 years ago, but nothing major.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">