• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Marijuana Retail Inquiry

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

e.frank.0512

In the event of a federal marijuana bust (state legal), is the store owner solely responsible? Or is the manager liable as well?

I have been presented with a job offer to be the general manager of three new stores opening up in Spokane, Wa. While I understand that this is legal on a state level, I want to ensure that all liability in the event of a federal bust will defer to the owners. This is a completely foreign industry to me, and before I step into that role I want to ensure that there is no possibility for my arrest or prosecution; I have a clean record and intend on keeping it that way. I also understand that this is contingent on following all regulations set forth by the state. From all memorandums I have read from the Attorney General, I am under the impression that as long as all state laws are followed, the likelihood of federal interference is minimal. Any insight is appreciated.

justalayman

If you are actively selling marijuana the Feds could prosecute you for selling marijuana. There is no reason or requirement they couldn't charge everybody involved.

And yes, so far the Feds have turned a blind eye to business within the state. Whether they continue so is up to them. I wouldn't expect anything to change, at least during this presidential administration. What happens with a new POTUS is anybody's guess.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">