• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Marijuana Ticket on Probation

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Pedro 510

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? California
I have just received a ticket for possession of marijuana (less than an ounce) even though i have my Prop 215 medicinal marijuana card. i am also on 5 year felony probation. i was wondering how i should go about handling this ticket. Should i get a lawyer or should i just go to the courthouse myself and show them my doctors recomendation. will this effect my probation?

FlyingRon

You had better report this to your probation officer. You do understand that your PO isn't obliged to accept "medical" use of marijuana on your probation.
You were expected to make that request to use "medical" marijuana before you started using it while on probation. This request needs to be made to the COURT.

CdwJava

Very very few medical providers will affirm a medical marijuana recommendation. Some counties (like mine) have a zero percent effective rate of affirmation.

But, medical marijuana is often not permitted while on probation even if they have a recommendation.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">