• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Marijuanna charge and traveling

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Bmichael10

I currently live in Nevada and recieved a possession of marijuanna with intent to sell charge and i was curious if ill still be able to travel through europe and asia some day? All info relating to traveling would be helpful and once nevada goes recreational will it be possible to get it dropped to a misdemeanor? Thank you

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
I currently live in Nevada and recieved a possession of marijuanna with intent to sell charge and i was curious if ill still be able to travel through europe and asia some day? All info relating to traveling would be helpful...
You will want to check the law in the various countries that you intend to visit.

and once nevada goes recreational will it be possible to get it dropped to a misdemeanor? Thank you
What makes you think that illegal drug dealers will be cut slack?

Just Blue

I currently live in Nevada and recieved a possession of marijuanna with intent to sell charge and i was curious if ill still be able to travel through europe and asia some day? All info relating to traveling would be helpful and once nevada goes recreational will it be possible to get it dropped to a misdemeanor? Thank you
Was there a conviction? If so...What Statute were you convicted under? And when did this happen?

Bmichael10

Well i wasnt an illegal drug dealer my mother was a patient and we had a ton of trimmings in trashbags in the garage. At the time you were aloud to have 7 plants but only 1 oz of weed as a patient. So they took me and my mom to jail and made me plead guilty to the with intent to sell to get all her charges dropped.

justalayman

Well i wasnt an illegal drug dealer my mother was a patient and we had a ton of trimmings in trashbags in the garage. At the time you were aloud to have 7 plants but only 1 oz of weed as a patient. So they took me and my mom to jail and made me plead guilty to the with intent to sell to get all her charges dropped.
They didn't make you plead to anything. You could have said "not guilty" and never said another word. It was obvious the amount you had was well beyond what one is allowed to possess legally. Given the amount suggested it surely appeared to be a dope sale situstion.

No, the charge won't be reduced. Even if they make mj 100% legal it does not mean you didn't commit a crime when you did.

Bmichael10

K

Well theres not to much good advice here. But i had no choice really it was either pay thousands of dollars for multiple lawyers and fight the charge for having leafs that were being thrown away and possibly get stuck with multiple felonys and my mother get stuck with them as well. I got screwed nevada is a crooked state. But thank you for the people who did give some good thoughts about the subject and for the others i feel bad for you. You seem like very sad unsatisfied with life people that feel the need to troll someone to feel better about yourself. Possession of marijuanna wits. Was aloud 7 plants but only 1oz of marijuanna anyone knows you can harvest waaaay more than 1 oz off 7 plants there was a huge grey area. And it wasnt even bud that they weighed they searched my house for buds and money didnt find anything got frusterated and found trashbags full of trimmings with very little thc content on them nothing you would ever smoke and weighed it all and cause i had so much there was the with intent to sell.

FlyingRon

I can tell you that there are countries, including Canada and Australia that will very likely deny access to you with felony drug convictions on your record. Even minor offenses can result in delays at the border while they think about your admissibility. Canada will not even consider you for ten years after your discharge. I can't recall any of the other Asian countries asking (China, Taiwan, Japan) but that doesn't mean they don't have computer access to the records.

Just Blue

Well theres not to much good advice here. But i had no choice really it was either pay thousands of dollars for multiple lawyers and fight the charge for having leafs that were being thrown away and possibly get stuck with multiple felonys and my mother get stuck with them as well. I got screwed nevada is a crooked state. But thank you for the people who did give some good thoughts about the subject and for the others i feel bad for you. You seem like very sad unsatisfied with life people that feel the need to troll someone to feel better about yourself. Possession of marijuanna wits. Was aloud 7 plants but only 1oz of marijuanna anyone knows you can harvest waaaay more than 1 oz off 7 plants there was a huge grey area. And it wasnt even bud that they weighed they searched my house for buds and money didnt find anything got frusterated and found trashbags full of trimmings with very little thc content on them nothing you would ever smoke and weighed it all and cause i had so much there was the with intent to sell.
Take this to an Attorney. S/he will be paid to "listen" to your "poor stoned self". Have a nice day...

Blue.

TigerD

You should not have pleaded guilty if you felt you were not guilty.
I talk to people everyday that "just want to plead to get out of jail" and I tell them - everyday - that short-term thinking is what got them in the position they were in in the first place.

Many nation states will not allow you in their country with your conviction.

Good luck, but you and you alone are responsible for facing the consequences of your actions.

TD

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">