• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Marijuanna Posession, somehow

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Elem3nt

What is the name of your state? Georgia

(i notice alot of these threads are for GA offenders, whats up with that lol)

Ok so in January of 2008 i was at home awaiting my friend to come pick me up and take me to my GED class. When my friend stopped by, with another friend, they wanted to buy some marijuana and smoke before we left, so they bought some, from a unspecified person in my apartment complex, and proceeded to smoke in my room using my pipe. We were in a hurry so we didnt finish off what was packed into the pipe, and i was already high so i was gonna let them borrow it while i was gone to class.

We go outside and get in the car and a Cobb County Police cruiser passes us by, and naturally we became cautious, yet we pulled off anyway, and the cop turned around and followed our car out of the project housing complex. I kicked the pipe under the passenger seat, i was sitting in the back seat. Anyway the officer sees three white guys leaving the hood (yes i live there) and pulls us over outside the exit.

He immediately asks the driver to step out of the car and searches him. Gives no reason why hes searching him. he finds marijuana in his wallet and arrests him. Another officer arrives at the scene and me and the passenger get searched. They find nothing on me and him, we were clean. They begin searching the car and find nothing. When the officer began looking under the passenger seat, the arrested persons money began flying off of the trunk due to wind, and the officer had to chase after it and didnt look under the passenger seat again. They tell us we could leave, so we begin walking down the road and get picked up by a friend and drive back to there house.

After ten minutes or so, the same two officers arrive at the house, and arrest us, without reading any rights, or stating why we were being arrested. Although they told us that they found the pipe after a second search of the vehicle after we left the scene.

I am being charged with GVCSA marijuanna, although i wasnt posessing any drugs at all. This is the first charge i have recieved since i turned 18 years old. Im wondering what i could do about this when i go to court on the 27th of march 2008. I heard that i might be able to plead Georgia First Offenders Act since i havent plead it before in any charge.

Any idea what can be done and what type of punishment im looking at?

seniorjudge

I am being charged with GVCSA marijuanna, although i wasnt posessing any drugs at all.

That's not what your post said:

What is the name of your state? Georgia

(i notice alot of these threads are for GA offenders, whats up with that lol)

Ok so in January of 2008 i was at home awaiting my friend to come pick me up and take me to my GED class. When my friend stopped by, with another friend, they wanted to buy some marijuana and smoke before we left, so they bought some, from a unspecified person in my apartment complex, and proceeded to smoke in my room using my pipe. We were in a hurry so we didnt finish off what was packed into the pipe, and i was already high so i was gonna let them borrow it while i was gone to class.

We go outside and get in the car and a Cobb County Police cruiser passes us by, and naturally we became cautious, yet we pulled off anyway, and the cop turned around and followed our car out of the project housing complex. I kicked the pipe under the passenger seat, i was sitting in the back seat. Anyway the officer sees three white guys leaving the hood (yes i live there) and pulls us over outside the exit.

He immediately asks the driver to step out of the car and searches him. Gives no reason why hes searching him. he finds marijuana in his wallet and arrests him. Another officer arrives at the scene and me and the passenger get searched. They find nothing on me and him, we were clean. They begin searching the car and find nothing. When the officer began looking under the passenger seat, the arrested persons money began flying off of the trunk due to wind, and the officer had to chase after it and didnt look under the passenger seat again. They tell us we could leave, so we begin walking down the road and get picked up by a friend and drive back to there house.

After ten minutes or so, the same two officers arrive at the house, and arrest us, without reading any rights, or stating why we were being arrested. Although they told us that they found the pipe after a second search of the vehicle after we left the scene.

I am being charged with GVCSA marijuanna, although i wasnt posessing any drugs at all. This is the first charge i have recieved since i turned 18 years old. Im wondering what i could do about this when i go to court on the 27th of march 2008. I heard that i might be able to plead Georgia First Offenders Act since i havent plead it before in any charge.

Any idea what can be done and what type of punishment im looking at?

Marijuana gives you weak wienie.

Remember sex?

Forget it.

Elem3nt

Hmm? I dont understand, i do fairly well when having sex lol. Oh i see you posted that on another marijuana charge thread aswell.

tranquility

I am being charged with GVCSA marijuanna, although i wasnt posessing any drugs at all.
But, you were in possession:
I kicked the pipe under the passenger seat, i was sitting in the back seat.
If there was only pot in a friend's wallet, there is little chance the police could get knowledge of the pot to you. However, with the pipe under the seat in front of you it is far more likely they can get you for having knowledge. In fact, you were in possession and should be arrested for that. It's just that it's not going to be a slam dunk to prove it if you shut up.

If you are only being charged with Misdemeanor possession, you might be better off pleading guilty. Save your "First Offender" plea for if/when they catch you for a Felony charge. Or, you could quit smoking weed and straighten up some.

Last edited:

Elem3nt

If you are only being charged with Misdemeanor possession, you might be better off pleading guilty. Save your "First Offender" plea for if/when they catch you for a Felony charge. Or, you could quit smoking weed and straighten up some.
Straighten up some? I dont know what you mean. Im a good person, i just smoke marijuanna recreationally and for private use. If that makes me a bad person then i dont wanna be good lol. Jails are over crowded because people would rather spend tax payers money and throw marijuanna users in the slammer, rather than get to the real crimes and criminals among the hardcore drugs like crack dealers and such.

Ive never understood why its illegal. Its just a plant, it grows out of the ground, and if you happen to set fire to it, it has some effects. Drugs you have to do things to it chemically, and can kill you. Marijuanna cannot kill you. there is no way to overdose on marijuanna.

Now if you compare it to something strangely legal like say, alcohol, how could you possibly outlaw marijuana and not alcohol? People die from alcohol, by alcohol poisoning, drunk driving etc. But tell me when youve ever heard of anything like that happening with marijuanna. Alcohol impairs your judgement, when marijuanna makes it better. Watch this video for example.

This is a complete experiment. It shows driving without marijuanna, and then it shows driving under the influence of marijuanna. To noones surprise, the driver actually drove BETTER while under the influence of marijuanna.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=2283579677150568225

I am not condoning driving under the influence or glamorizing it in any way, i am simply trying to make a point that stereotyping and generalization of marijuanna users is simply appaling.

I hope to have an intelligent discussion about this and no moronic posts about ''weenies'' and such hehe.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">