• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Maybe you know....

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

xsentrik

I am from Missouri. Over a year and a half ago I was pulled over, searched, caught, and charged with Possession of Less than 35g of Marijuana for the first time. To make a long story short... I ended up making a "Plea Bargain" with the Prosecuting Attorney. The terms were that the Court would give me a SIS (Suspended Imposition of Sentence?) and I would not go to jail; however, I was to attend the MAP (Marijuana Awareness Program) and Complete 40 Hours of Community Service in addition to being placed on 2 years unsupervised probation. My probation will end this December.

I recently tried to obtain a well paying job in which the application, drug test, and 1st, 2nd, and 3rd interviews were all completed without any complications. The employer was very excited to hire me and eager for me to start; however, they had to run a background check before they could "Officially" hire me. The background check came back and it showed my possession charge. The company, unfortunately, due to company policy, could no longer offer me employment.

From the research that I have conducted, I know that in some states, for a first time marijuana possession charge, it will be removed from your record after your two-year probationary period as long as you do not receive a similar charge. I could not find any information pertaining to Missouri's removal process. Does anyone know if the same principal applies in Missouri, or will this be on my permanant record for life?

Any advise or help is appreciated! Thanks in advance.

fairisfair

Anyone? Or is there anything an attorney could do to help me get it removed?
sorry, I was unable to locate anything tht would help you either. Perhaps you might try contacting the public defender's office (I am assuming you had one) and directing thids question to them. It's worth a phone call anyway.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">