• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

MD Marijuana Cultivation Law Clarification

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

FinallyGone

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Maryland

The law in MD for any Cultivation charge involving 50 pounds or more is a MMS 5 year prison sentence. I'd like to know how they calculate the weight of the plants.

I know they are weighed wet, but have also researched a bit and found that you can have your lawyer demand they get re-weighed dry, which would obviously substantially lower the weight, is this true?

I've also read that Federal Sentencing Guidelines state that one marijuana plant equates to 100 grams, does Maryland have to follow suit with this guideline?

And any other miscellaneous information you can provide on the weighing procedures in Maryland would be greatly appreciated!

Also, in this scenario:

Person A rents a home, pays all bills etc. There is a marijuana grow operation in the basement.

Person B house sits for Person A without knowledge of the grow room below. Person B has no keys to the locked grow room.

The police raid, only find Person B in a separate area of the house. Person B denies all knowledge of criminal activity.

Who's at fault?

Thanks in advance!

FlyingRon

You seriously need a lawyer. Either way it falls it's going to be a felony with a five year potential sentence. The only thing that the over 50 gets you is a MMS and a larger potential fine. Felonies require real representation.

FinallyGone

You seriously need a lawyer. Either way it falls it's going to be a felony with a five year potential sentence. The only thing that the over 50 gets you is a MMS and a larger potential fine. Felonies require real representation.
Thanks, but I haven't been arrested / charged with anything. Just need clarification on the specifics I mentioned.

EDIT: I've read Norml.org, so I already know all the information on that site. Thanks!

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">