• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

MDMA charges

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

A

alostsoul

I am being charged federally for conspiracy to distribute a controlled substance - MDMA/Ecstasy in central California.

I lost my job last year and took up dealing to pay my bills (something I can DEFINITELY NOT recommend - the money isn't stable, and you're lucky to break even 90% of the time, let alone profit.)

Back in November, an FBI informant that was doing illegal weapon deals with the person that became my investor started asking about drugs. They had the money, I had the connects, so we teamed up and did the only profitable deals I've done in the course of my dealing days.

The total number of pills given to the informant was 1857.

The weapons charges are not being held against me since I had nothing to do with them.

I have been looking for the federal sentencing guidelines for drug offenses and cannot find anything.
MDMA is (wrongfully) schedule 1. The DEA has lost in court twice regarding its scheduling and has overturned the judges conclusions both times.

Alas - that has no bearing on the current laws.

Can anyone tell me what the sentencing guidelines for MDMA conspiracy are?
ThanksWhat is the name of your state?

smutlydog

I am being charged federally for conspiracy to distribute a controlled substance - MDMA/Ecstasy in central California.

I lost my job last year and took up dealing to pay my bills (something I can DEFINITELY NOT recommend - the money isn't stable, and you're lucky to break even 90% of the time, let alone profit.)

Back in November, an FBI informant that was doing illegal weapon deals with the person that became my investor started asking about drugs. They had the money, I had the connects, so we teamed up and did the only profitable deals I've done in the course of my dealing days.

The total number of pills given to the informant was 1857.

The weapons charges are not being held against me since I had nothing to do with them.

I have been looking for the federal sentencing guidelines for drug offenses and cannot find anything.
MDMA is (wrongfully) schedule 1. The DEA has lost in court twice regarding its scheduling and has overturned the judges conclusions both times.

Alas - that has no bearing on the current laws.

Can anyone tell me what the sentencing guidelines for MDMA conspiracy are?
ThanksWhat is the name of your state?
http://www.ussc.gov/2005guid/2d1_1.htm

A

alostsoul

Thanks!

Umm.... does anyone know what a pill weighs out to? :eek:

N/M it's in the table.

Thanks again!

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">