• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Medical Marijuana Defense

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

subterra

What is the name of your state? Oregon

Need info and advice about using a medical defense in Oregon. I am currently facing charges for possession of marijuana under an ounce, an alleged controlled buy, among others. I am in need of real world advice about how to best proceed, and would like to make informed decisions.

The pot was only for medical need in the first place, I just didn't have the finances to get a card before I got raided. It has been stated than an individual in Oregon still has an affirmative defense even without the state-issued card, I would like to confirm or deny this statement.

Thanks for your time!

-subterra

The Occultist

The court will want your doctor to get on the stand and testify on your behalf that you absolutely need the marijuana for medical reasons. My understanding is that no doctor has yet been willing to take the stand.

Silverplum

The court will want your doctor to get on the stand and testify on your behalf that you absolutely need the marijuana for medical reasons. My understanding is that no doctor has yet been willing to take the stand.
Adding to your post...
Isn't a prescription required??

subterra

Seniorjudge- thank you, if that was truly meant to help. A google search is what brought me here. The text of the law I have already read, and I know roughly what it states. I am after real world experience of how that text is being interpreted and/or acted upon in circumstances similar to my own.

The Occultist- You have a very good point there. Thank you for bringing that up.

Silverplum - it is only a recommendation, as marijuana is federally illegal, it may not be prescribed.

Thank you all for the replies,
-subterra

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">