• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

medical personnel stealing drugs

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

bigamist

tn. I know of a nurse who has been stealing demerol on a regular basis for a long time, supporting her habit. She has gotten fired from at least her last position for it. Now she is in in-patient rehabilitation, in order not to lose her nursing license. I hear that the problem is too wide-spread to prosecute every medical professional involved in such a crime, but I believe that her professional record should be scarred somehow, and I would like to know if a public servant's track record is public record or not?

K

Knwill

I know for a fact that the Boards of Nursing (in every state) take stealing drugs VERY seriously. Although criminal charges are not always filed, these professionals are reprimanded by their licensing boards and CAN even lose thier license to practice . This is pretty serious, as they lose all those years of education, get labled drug users and cannot work in that kind of position which most of the time also results in a cut in pay.

To someone who has been prosecuted for stealing drugs or to a patient from whom the drugs were stolen, this does not give much consolation, but in the long term, these people usually destroy themselves.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">