• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Meth

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

ang_h29

What is the name of your state? Illinois
Recently my ex husband told me he wanted to confess something to me....he told me he was using meth and had been for approx. a yr and a half. He also told me that the drug had been in the house when my children were there for visits. He said that he was going to move into his parents house to get away from his buddies, that also use, and attempt to kick his habit himself. My question is...How do I go about having him tested? He has displayed signs that he is still using the drug. Is this something I can petition the courts to do....any help would be apprecitated!

R

Rowbear

Since he has already confessed to you there should be no reason to have him tested. He has admitted to the illegal usage of drugs. If your goal is to have him arrested because of this illegal activity you need to call law enforcement authorities. The courts will decide on what to do with him if the police make any arrests.

But since there is also a confession of stopping this activity it may be difficult for the police to gather any evidence proving this wrongdoing. It might be better for you to call his mother and tell her how he has been a very bad boy.

A

ang_h29

His mother knows....lol....(not that this situation is funny, but telling on a 30 yr old man kinda is:p ) Anyway, he went to live with his parents after confessing to them also....and having his house foreclosed on.

He still displays the erratic behavior. Which is my reasoning for wanting to have him tested. Yes, he said he was going to quit....but did he?? Having 2 children that go for visitation every other week, I think I am entitled to know for their safety!

So anyway, back to my original question......If brought up in court would the judge make him go for testing?

stephenk

you would need to file a motion to modify the visitation order, ie. have visits supervised, he is not to be under influence of alcohol/drugs, urine tests, etc.

A

ang_h29

thanx to all who replied. I will be making a visit to the courthouse first thing mon. morning

P

pass23431

The father of your children is going through a problem of the worst sort. Drug addiction. Try to be understanding at a distance, do what you feel you can extend yourself to do to try to help him overcome this problem (he may need you now, more than you think he does) FOR THE SAKE OF YOUR CHILDREN, try to help him. UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES, SHOULD YOU ALLOW YOUR CHILDREN TO BE EXPOSED TO THIS DANGEROUS AND UNPREDICTABLE ENVIRONMENT FOR ONE INSTANT!!!!! Even the most loving, and wonderful people, are not in their proper capacaties, when under the influence of drugs especially drugs of this nature. Do WHATEVER you have to do to protect your children, EVEN THE BEST PARENTS, WHEN UNDER THE INFLUENCE OF DRUGS, ARE NOT PARENTS AT ALL!!!!! I most urgently reccomend you do NOT allow your children to be exposed to this environment.

P

pass23431

Yeah, I wasn't around when that was posted, I've only been doing this thing for a couple of days. I just cruise around it, and respond to whatever, I really haven't paid much attention to the dates. Does this mean my advice is useless? Is it a rule that I not do that in the future? I don't really look at the dates, but I guess I will now.

P.S. This thing is kinda cool, I like it.

M

MIRIAMSAM

I SEE THE CATATONIC GURU IS NOW THE THREAD MONITOR LOLOLOL....EVEN LOSERS NEED A PLACE IN LIFE..EVEN IF IT IS AT THE BOTTOM OF THE BARREL.
AS FOR THE POSTER, YOUR EX CAME TO YOU, I BELIEVE, LOOKING FOR HELP, SO WHY NOT DO THAT INSTEAD OF SCREWING HIM SO HARD IN A COURTROOM VENUE?
LOOKS TO ME LIKE HE WANTS HELP..SO HELP HIM GET IT! GET HIM INTO AN NA PROGRAM OR A REHAB, BUT NO NEED TO TAKE HIS KIDS AWAY, I THINK HE WOULD NOT OBJECT TO THINGS IF YOU TOLD HIM UNTIL HE WAS CLEAN HE CAN'T HAVE THE KIDS ALONE. THAT MAY ALSO BE AN INCENTIVE FOR HIM TO CLEAN UP HIS ACT.
HOW WILL YOUR KIDS FEEL, DOWN THE ROAD WHEN THEY ARE OLDER, KNOWING DAD CAME TO YOU FOR HELP AND ALL YOU DID WAS TAKE THEM AWAY FROM HIM, CAUSING HIM TO USE MORE?
THINK ABOUT IT...AND STOP TRYING TO SCREW THE EX...THAT'S WHY YOU GOT DIVORCED IN THE FIRST PLACE.

M

MIRIAMSAM

I HAD EYE SURGERY AND IT IS HARD FOR ME TO SEE..WHEN THEY HEAL, WHICH IS WITHIN THE WEEK, I SHALL RETURN TO LOWER CASE LETTERS SO YOU CAN BE HAPPY.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">