• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

meth charge

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Robert7878

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? SOUTH CAROLINA, I was in a house when the cops came and found evidence of a Meth lab. All four of us were charged even though only one person was doing it. The found no Meth but now have records of who bought the sudafed. Do they have enough evidence to charge me with manufacturing? I did not by the ingredients And was not making it.

CdwJava

None of us are privy to the police reports, nor do we know what the police know about your involvement. They may have controlled buys in, they may have witnesses that place you as a conspirator or dealer, who knows?

If you LIVE in the house, then you are probably in trouble for something. If you only happened by, then you might be on their radar now even if you are not able to be charged with the manufacturing.

Since you have been charged, you need to speak with a criminal defense attorney ASAP. Your attorney can review the police reports and the evidence and render an educated opinion as to the strength of the state's case.

Hopefully this experience will be enough to cause you to rethink your relationship with your friends and any drug use.

Liechy

What a wonderful state I live in.
If you are caught near meth, the law has to assume the worst, and arrest/charge you. Sorry.

>Charlotte<

Lurker
If you are caught near meth, the law has to assume the worst, and arrest/charge you. Sorry.
So, what's the alternative? For the cops to say "Oh, gee, sorry, you can go" to anybody who claims they don't know anything about it? The police aren't the judge or the jury. OP can present his defense in court, that's how the system works.

Here's another thing you can add to the knowledge you should gain before college. When you lie down with dogs, you get up with fleas.

CdwJava

So, you are saying that you knew nothing about the meth at all? You do not use, did not know they used, and were not involved in selling or procuring it?

That would be very unusual, but is possible. And, I am sure that if the house was not YOUR residence, that your attorney will try and make that case.

>Charlotte<

Lurker
Pssst....Carl. Liechy isn't the OP, he was just making a comment.

But what you said is definitely applicable to Robert7878.

dave33

So, you are saying that you knew nothing about the meth at all? You do not use, did not know they used, and were not involved in selling or procuring it?

That would be very unusual, but is possible. And, I am sure that if the house was not YOUR residence, that your attorney will try and make that case.
What happens if you have a public defender with several other clients that day? Even if he is innocent people often plead guilty to avoid the maximum sentence.

HomeGuru

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? SOUTH CAROLINA, I was in a house when the cops came and found evidence of a Meth lab. All four of us were charged even though only one person was doing it. The found no Meth but now have records of who bought the sudafed. Do they have enough evidence to charge me with manufacturing? I did not by the ingredients And was not making it.
**A: the answer is yes, you were there and the meth lab was there.

CdwJava

What happens if you have a public defender with several other clients that day? Even if he is innocent people often plead guilty to avoid the maximum sentence.
Most states offer diversion so that is an option.

If he has a public defender, that attorney must still do as the client asks. If he is innocent and does not want to plea, he doesn't have to.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">