• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Meth User

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

slh9712

What is the name of your state? Indiana

Looking for advice her on what to do. About three months ago, my 25 year old brother lost his great paying job to an attendance problem. As it turns out, he had been using marijuana and meth which of course led to the loss of his job, as well as the loss of his car, etc. He has signed up twice for drug treament but states the only reason he was even going was because he stood a chance of getting his job back. Anyway, he insists he off the meth, however this past weekend the police showed up at his door without a warrant wanting to "look around his house". He told them that they would need to get a warrant and they left. My aunt contacted the sherrifs department and was told that they haved been informed that he is a dealer (must be a bad one as he doesn't have a dime to his name) and that if his family loved him we'd better get him to stop as they were going to get him. My main question is, as a family, how can we get him committed to a drug treament center against his will? What are our options in getting him clean and back on a path to where he cares about himself again? Also, the home he lives in is in my mothers name, if he were to be "busted" there what are the consequences that my mother could face as owner of the home?

R

reddenbakker

Your mom can lose her home if he gets busted for drugs.... so drag him to a rehab facilty TODAY.....

Change the locks on the door toss his stuff in your garage...and let him suffer...

you have a house to protect and that is far more important to your WHOLE family, then your loser brother!

M

mntncwby

If your mother know what is going on in the house or if the house was paid for with drug money, then yes they can take it.
As far as being broke, not uncommon with meth. Take a good look at the people around him, he's doing the same drugs they are. He might need a change of surroundings. If the police have been there he's got problems. Meth users turn into narcs. faster than any other drug user. Someone has already told the coops something.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">