• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

methadone treatment and the law

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

candace728914

What is the name of your state? alabama
i am on probation for possesion(1st offense) & am in methadone treatment for heroin addiction. upon my first review with the judge, i was totally in compliance. the judge says that 1 year is too long for methadone treatment & i must begin detox. i have had this problem for 9 years & methadone is all that has kept me clean. legally can she interfere with my treatment if it has nothing to do with my charge?

snostar

Were you mandated to treatment?

Within one year of methadone treatment they should have already started decreasing your dosage. This is probably why the judge feels it is necessary to try to enforce a detox. Some people stay on Methadone for 20+ years. Methadone is a very addictive drug itself.

NO your NOT CLEAN on methadone, SORRY but nice try.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">