• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Minor in possession

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

wade.

What is the name of your state? Florida

I have two minor in possessions currently, and i understand that in the state of Florida driving is a privilege, and not a right. For one minor in possession, your license is automatically suspended for 6 months, and for a 2nd, two years. However, my first minor in possession took place in Walton County, and all i did was paid a $250 fine, no court, not DJJ, no probation, or teen court. With that said, my second MIP still landed me a two year license suspension, but i was told by the DJJ director of Okaloosa County that it should only be 6 months seeing as how I never went through the court system, and never went through a DJJ office. So, should my suspension be the full two years, or just the six months?

FlyingRon

The fact you got a slap on the wrist for the first offense didn't mean it didn't happen. The second offense was your second offense.

wade.

i understand that, but several people, who are ranked highly in the DJJ dont understand why its suspended for 2 years, and they know the entire story. I'm told that in order to suspend your license or make it count towards your license, you have to go through court, and i didnt

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">