• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Minor Possession and Paraphernalia Charges Pending

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Zach59

What is the name of your state? PA

Last Monday night, myself, my buddy, and my roommate were sitting in my dorm room when there was a knock at the door. Needless to say it was 2 campus police officers and an RD from another building being that my current RD was out of town. They asked if they could come in and search the room, and if not they would get a warrent to search the room as they were doing so with the room next to me. Being that they had the RD with them, who can search the room at any point they deem fit, I eventually complied with their wishes and gave them what they were looking for, a small amount of marijuana(less than 2 grams) and a small pipe. I basically just tried to comply as much as possible with them. I then met with the officer the next night to discuss the situation and he said he was going to help me for trying to help them as much as possible and being that I have, other than this, a clean record and nothing else, he said he was going to advise to the DA to give me the ARD program to get it clear off my record. After withdrawing from school(so I wouldnt be suspended)

I guess my question would be is what would this program include, and is their any possibility of them dropping one of the charges? I spoke with an attorney who is a friend of the family about everything and he said that I would be better off sticking with a PD rather than him, and there is a chance that they may drop one of the misdemenor charges. Also, with the ARD program would I be placed on probation as well mandatory, or does that depend on the case? This is my first charge for really anything, so I am just curious on how this will all go down from people who may have had this before.

Zach59

And if it matters, in the room next to mine, the roommates refused to let the officers search the room until they left to get the warrent, and when they did search, they found an eigth and a minibubbler from one side of the room, and about 17 grams total, including 2 eigths broken up into other bags, and 2 blunts already rolled up. I am assuming due to the amount and their lack of cooperation as compared to mine, it would certainly help things in my aspect. I've yet to be contacted again by the police aside from last Thursday when the officer called asking about my height and weight.

So...yeah?

FlyingRon

ARD will require some probation. Your terms of probation will include things like no committing any other crimes, no drug use, no alcohol use, letting them know if you travel outside your immediate area. You most likely will be drug tested. You will also do some community service and pay the costs.

The good side, is that after completing this probation, you will have no criminal conviction.

They're giving you a very gracious second chance here. Don't fark it up.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">