• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Mip

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

joannaf

i recieved an MIP in Boulder CO on oct, 31 2001. I was inside a friends apartment and a cop came in and asked me to step outsied. he said he saw me run across the street with a beer. I said he had the wrong person and he said that things would go a lot smoother if i cooperated. I pleaded not guilty and have a trial comming up but later found that you can not recieve public defenders for petty ofenses. what should I do? I don't have much money to hire a lawyer. I have several witnesses that say that 1. the cop came in the apartment without asking and 2. it was not me that ran across the street.

K

knight12

MIP

ask to address the court when you go.tell the judge that it wasn't you that was in possesion of the alcohol.do not listen to anyone that tells you not to do it.also tell the judge that the officer came in the apartment without the renters' consent.bring witnesses, too.besides....it is a petty offense--nothing to worry about.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">