• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

MIP of alcohol in Florida

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Major88

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Tampa, FL

This past weekend I received possession of alcohol by a person under 21. I have previously received a similar charge in New Hampshire but filed for 'an annulment' two months ago after completing an alcohol education course. I am not sure if it has been wiped from my record yet though.

Anyways, I was at a concert and 5 cops pulled my friend and I aside to ask for ID. As soon as I saw the cops I placed the beer that I was holding on the ground. I showed them my real license and student id, they then took my wallet away and thoroughly looked through it. They found a fake id and all they did was confiscate it so I was not charged for that. They also took a sample of the bud light that I had placed on the ground. I was very polite with the cops, I was not drunk in anyway, they did not breathalyze or field test me. My friend was 21 so they let him go. I am turning 21 in 30 days. I was issued a notice to appear 10 days before my 21st.

I cannot afford another lawyer. I need to know what I am looking at in terms of charges or consequences. Also, is there any possibility I can get the charge off my record for a second time? can they bring up the fact that I had a fake id?
PLEASE HELP it's driving me crazyWhat is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">