• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Misdemeanor drug paraphenelia

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

cjtcjt

Iowa
:mad:
I was driving an friend to get crack of which he did NOT get any. I apparently ran a stop sign and was pulled over by an unmarked drug enforcement car at a local convenience/gas store. They asked if they could search the car and I said \"NO THANK YOU\". They brought a canine unit and he alerted on the front passenger side of the car. They opened my glove compartment and found my crack pipe inside a sunglass holder wrapped also in a shoe shine cloth. It is only a misdemeanor parapharnelia charge and $100, but I felt the search wasn\'t legal. Is it?

I was going to show up for court anyway in case the officer in charge of writing me up didn't show up and I figured they then couldn't prosecute me.

CJane

A narcotics dog alerting gives the responding officer 'reasonable suspicion'.

Totally legal search.

You're gonna have to cut your crack habit by $100. Poor guy.

(Why do these crack heads always think it's an illegal search just cuz they got busted? Would they be here crying about the search if the cops HADN'T found crack? I think not.)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">