• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Misdemeanor for possession of marijuana and felony for possession of a controlled sub

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

stateofarizona

When driving to a place that is 200 miles away I was stopped by local police and found probably cause to search my vehicle and was charged a misdemeanor for possession of marijuana and a felony for possession of a controlled substance. I'm wanting to know, since it was so far away, when I go to court would it be best to have a lawyer that is close to that area or should I feel just as comfortable hiring an attorney that's in my own local area?

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Texas

Antigone*

When driving to a place that is 200 miles away I was stopped by local police and found probably cause to search my vehicle and was charged a misdemeanor for possession of marijuana and a felony for possession of a controlled substance. I'm wanting to know, since it was so far away, when I go to court would it be best to have a lawyer that is close to that area or should I feel just as comfortable hiring an attorney that's in my own local area?

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Texas
A local attorney would be best.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">