• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Missouri marijuana arrest

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

john7412

I am a 17 year old and was arrested for possession of marijuana (4 grams) and paraphernalia (pipe) in my car although it truly wasn't my pipe. Can anyone give me an idea of what to expect in court as far as sentencing? I didn't bond out and spent 3 nights in jail, does that have any effect? Any help would be great.

TwinkletOes26

Hmmm

Since you are underage you may get off lighter than you would normally...usually if its a first offence a fine and probabtion but your a minor still so maybe counseling and probation along with drug test.

john7412

Even tho I am 17, they charged me as an adult. They claimed 17 is considered an adult in Jackson county.

TwinkletOes26

Oh

Oh well i dont know about the law there sorry im not a lawyer ...i wish i could help more all i can say is usually first time offenses are probation and a fine but dont quote me id really say talk to a great lawyer

FlyingRon

The fine could be $500-1000, but there is a SIS (suspended imposition of sentence) available to you on your first offense.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">