• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

mj possession

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

wolfdog1

What is the name of your state? Illinios. My son was charged with a minute amount of MJ and paraphenalia possession. The judge initially ordered a drug test (came back neg.) and 40 hrs. of comm. service. back in October. He went to his next court date with about 25hrs. complete, so next court date for status assigned. Without my knowledge, he has the bright idea to get a copy of a time sheet (he is doing his time at the local VFW) and doctor it us with ink by hand to put in the final 15 hrs. Of course as soon as the judge took a look at it he new it was a forgery. They called the VFW to confirm his hrs at 25. The judge filed the document in court, gave him a new court date of May 4 to return with his time complete. I am certain he will not pull any stunts again and will actually complete his time. I tried to explain the seriousness of this offense to him, but being a "smart" 18 yr. old you know how that goes. I am concerned of the consequences of his stupidity in the fact that the judge could revoke his probation and possibly give him some jail time. What should I do? I do plan to go with him to his court date, but I have no idea what to expect. What can or will they do??? Please Help!!!!! Also if it stays as probation is this permanently on his record and if so how to get it expunged.

wolfdog1

I understand he is an adult, but should we come to his next court date with an attorney or wait to see if they file additional charges? Also will any additional documentation such as a letter from the VFW be of any help. There was a discrepancy from the beginning about his accumulation of hrs.

AlanShore

I understand he is an adult, but should we come to his next court date with an attorney or wait to see if they file additional charges? Also will any additional documentation such as a letter from the VFW be of any help. There was a discrepancy from the beginning about his accumulation of hrs.
You mean you dont have a lawyer for your son already?

wolfdog1

No we didn't get an attorney initially because he received comm. service and 90 days supervision. What could possibly be the consequences of the felony forgery charge if they decide to proceed with it?

AlanShore

No we didn't get an attorney initially because he received comm. service and 90 days supervision. What could possibly be the consequences of the felony forgery charge if they decide to proceed with it?
Good question to ask your sons lawyer. (Hint: a free stay at a beautiful gated resort).

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">