• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Moms in serious trouble

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Miss Nikki

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Florida

OK, I have a number of questions, since i have no idea about any of this.

1. From what i have found out with my own searching is that a legend drug is any prescription drug, but is there anyway to find out exactly what drug the charge is for?

2. My mother was arrested for these things :

POSS MORPHINE W/INT SELL
SALE CNTRL SUB MORPHINE
POSS OXYCODONE W/INT SELL
SALE CNTRL SUB OXYCODONE
W/IN 1000' CHURCH
POSS OXYCODONE W/INT SELL
SALE OXYCODONE W/IN 1000'
CHURCH
SALE LEGEND DRUG

What kind of time is she looking at if found guilty with no plea?

3. I know what her bail is now ($100,000), but she told me about some kind of special ROR ( I think she said it was a bond ROR), do you know what this is, and if so, what is it?

4. I know she has sales and poss, but how do they determine the charge without a wieght, or are pills different and that they don't require a weight?

5. One more. I have seen a charge wrote up as Oxycodone and i have seen one wrote as Oxycontin, is ther eactually a difference in type of charge, or is it just the way they write it out?

Any help would be appreciated, since I have never been in trouble and don't plan to.

FlyingRon

A legend drug in Florida follows the Federal guidelines. It's a class of drugs that needs a prescription, you are correct. The charging documents (rather than these computer summaries) will frequently include the police/prosecutor affidavit describing the offense. If not, mom's lawyer will discover this as the case goes forward. My guess, is it's some prescription drug that isn't one specifically listed in the Florida statute (i.e., not morphine, OC, amphetamine, ...).

Most of these are 1st degree felonies. Real serious. You're looking at maximum of 25 years (each). Depending on the amounts involved, there are mandatory minimums of several years involved as well.

She may have a signature bond (or what we call up here an unsecured bond). They'll let her out without actually posting the bond, but if she doesn't show up they'll hit her up for the bond amount.

The charge is the same regardless of weight/quantity. The weight/quantity just changes the PENALTIES if found guilty.

OxyContin is just the brand name for the generic drug oxycodone.

Your mother is in serious need of a lawyer.

FlyingRon

By the way if mom lives on 208th Place in Obrien, I see she's already got an appointment with a public defender. Good luck.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">