• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

mushroom arrest...

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

StarChild27

i live in portland, oregon (multnomah county)

my college dorm room was searched last friday night (9/28) and just over 1/8 oz. of mushrooms were found. my roommate and i claimed joint responsibility for them and were not arrested.

today (10/5) we were informed by campus security that the portland police were going to test our mushrooms and, if they were hallucinogenic, we would be arrested. they said the testing would not be conclued for about a week.

first, why are they waiting to test the mushrooms to arrest us?
second, what is most likely to happen to us legally and what should we do in the meantime?

Q

qadaq

I would guess they changed their minds about charging you. Why you admitted to owning the mushrooms is beyond me, unless they're legal. I assume they took the mushrooms the first time? It's also possible they don't know what the fun kind of mushrooms look like.

In any case, I'd get a lawyer lined up if you can afford one, and if not wait until they arrest you then get a public defender. This could be a trap. Don't buy any illegal mushrooms. You're probably being watched. You might consider buying some similar looking but perfectly legal ones in a similar manner to see if you can smoke them out. If they're watching, your "contact" will probably get questioned. Don't have the guy pretend they're illegal, or he could get in trouble, just have him meet you and buy a baggie of mushrooms for your salad from him.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">