• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Are my drug tests confidential?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Dodenhoff1

South Carolina, Hello Before taking a court ordered drug test I went to Accudiagnostics by my own free will to ensure I was drug free before taking the required test. I would like to know if they would have the right to inform the court of my presence in the facility, and also if the results of my private drug test can be used against me in court. The reason I ask is because I heard one of the ladies giving a description of me on the phone to someone, I believe that would be illegal since I confirmed confidentiality before accepting the test and on their website it states that it is confidential

Isis1

South Carolina, Hello Before taking a court ordered drug test I went to Accudiagnostics by my own free will to ensure I was drug free before taking the required test. I would like to know if they would have the right to inform the court of my presence in the facility, and also if the results of my private drug test can be used against me in court. The reason I ask is because I heard one of the ladies giving a description of me on the phone to someone, I believe that would be illegal since I confirmed confidentiality before accepting the test and on their website it states that it is confidential
who was she giving the desciption to? another worker coming to get you? lab techician?

Dodenhoff1

The lab Technician that administered the test was on the Phone talking to someone I dont know who but I dont think she had the right to discuss my presence with anyone.

Dodenhoff1

I also called today to ensure that my results were confidential and she replied unless they are subpoenaed. I just dont know how that could be relevant on a non court or job orderd test that I took on my own free will

Isis1

The lab Technician that administered the test was on the Phone talking to someone I dont know who but I dont think she had the right to discuss my presence with anyone.
not even the staff personnel? because she does. she isn't allowed to talk to anyone working outside the company.

it's highly unlikely anyone is calling the court, your probation officer, or a judge discussing your results or your presence.

Dodenhoff1

i dont believe that it would have been a person working in the facility, she was on the phone and was confirming my description with someone, saying that I was well dressed tall with brown hair. I dont think my physical description would be needed by anyone under any circumstance as it is not relevant to any discussion she may be having.

Isis1

i dont believe that it would have been a person working in the facility, she was on the phone and was confirming my description with someone, saying that I was well dressed tall with brown hair. I dont think my physical description would be needed by anyone under any circumstance as it is not relevant to any discussion she may be having.
i think you are being a tad bit paranoid. it is highly doubtful a private drug testing company has access to your crminal contacts and records.

Dodenhoff1

I had a sheet in my pocket that said I was in Pre trial intervention, in which I have to take drug tests. I didnt want to risk getting a positive for any reason and thats why I decided to take the test. She also made me take the test twice, the first test was clean and on the second after the phone call she sent it off to the lab for further analysis

TigerD

Why would you need to take a drug test to see if you were clean of drugs if you weren't using drugs?

DC

CJane

My grandmother had a stroke, split up with Girlfriend with 6 month old baby, so I took a few xanax.
A few Xanax that are not legally prescribed for YOU?

1) you're being paranoid

2) you should probably worry less about getting whatever drug problems led to your existing legal issues under control

3) you should probably stop taking illegal drugs while you're supposed to be dropping samples for court

justalayman

who do you think they called? If you simply walk in and pay for a test, all they have is your name and what ever you give them. They are not going to know if a court is requiring you to do squat let alone what court or who your probation officer is.

maybe the nurse thought you were cute and was telling her friend about you. Maybe you looked like the guy that ran into her car last week

Maybe you are simply paranoid.

I'm betting it's the last one.

Isis1

who do you think they called? If you simply walk in and pay for a test, all they have is your name and what ever you give them. They are not going to know if a court is requiring you to do squat let alone what court or who your probation officer is.

maybe the nurse thought you were cute and was telling her friend about you. Maybe you looked like the guy that ran into her car last week

Maybe you are simply paranoid.

I'm betting it's the last one.
i was actually going to stop by and mention that. poor girl. little does she know she shouldn't go anywhere near him.:confused:

CourtClerk

i was actually going to stop by and mention that. poor girl. little does she know she shouldn't go anywhere near him.:confused:
There are just some people who are in professions where you should be naturally skeptical. Courthouses and drug testing facilities are two of those people (I can think of other places).

If I work in a drug testing facility and Joe Blow comes in and just wants to take a drug test for the hell of it... yeah, the red flags are flying all over the place.

Maybe she WASN'T talking about the OP. Maybe he just THINKS he's well dressed. Maybe she was talking about the blind date she went on the night before. The guy who came in earlier. The new doctor or lab tech on staff. The fed ex man. The Arrowhead water man. The new mailman.

Isis1

There are just some people who are in professions where you should be naturally skeptical. Courthouses and drug testing facilities are two of those people (I can think of other places).

If I work in a drug testing facility and Joe Blow comes in and just wants to take a drug test for the hell of it... yeah, the red flags are flying all over the place.

Maybe she WASN'T talking about the OP. Maybe he just THINKS he's well dressed. Maybe she was talking about the blind date she went on the night before. The guy who came in earlier. The new doctor or lab tech on staff. The fed ex man. The Arrowhead water man. The new mailman.
i supposed a mailman COULD be welldressed. some guys just look great in everything.:p

and alot of fed-ex men...have GREAT legs;)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">