• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

My mom is on probation, got caught w/ weed

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

Lizzle4shizzle

What is the name of your state? California

My mom is on probation for a felony charge she got about a year ago, she got into a fight with her boyfriend and the cops showed up and she ended up in jail. Well she got out soon after and everything has gotten better, she goes to anger management, dumped the sleazebag boyfriend etc... My mom has smoked pot ever since i can remember, she never hid it, and im ok with it. Today she had an appointment with he Probation Officer and when she enetered the courthouse the X-Ray machine revealed that she was in possesion of about a gram of marijuana and also some resin she had scraped from a pipe. They held her there, and she called me while she was waiting for the cops and the guy who detected the stuff in her bag had said that he thought the resin was actually herion, which i know for a fact it is not. Anyways, now shes in jail and the cops wont tell me whats goin on. What can happen to her?

S

sweet_honesty

Seeing how she is on probation for felony charges I'm not quite sure as to how long they will hold her, depending on her parole officer and her stipulations for being on parole.... She will most likely go in front of a Judge tomorrow morning for a bail hearing... and will be release right afterward. The felony charge could make things alittle different, but I don't think so.... my brother-in-law was on parole (felony charges) and tested dirty with a UA and he got a slap on the hands (several times), served a day or two in county and walked with having to report to his parole officer for urine tests monthly (his felony charges even had him in jail for four years prior to that!)
Call the Jail again in the morning (even tonight again if it's bothering you that much) and find out if someone will talk to you, seeing how this in your Mother.... you have the right to know what's going on... period!
As far as the weed and resin... a gram of weed and some resin is so little that I don't see her serving time for either (as long as the felony charges and the her parole officer dont get in the way of that don't get in the way of that).... the amount she got busted with is so little that she will probably walk away with a fine and loss of drivers license for 6 months, and have to report to her parole officer and give weekly or monthly urine samples....The resin is just that.... resin.... they will test it and find out that it is not infact heroin.... the two are very different drugs.
My ex boyfriend has also has gotten busted numerous times for possession of marijuana and pipes.... amounts much larger than what your mother had on her at the time of getting busted... and with fines still unpaid from over a year ago, he's still walking the streets.
A gram of weed and some resin isn't that big of a deal (the courts build it up alot more than what really happens)..... I've been through it with a few people I know and they all have walked away.....
Good Luck Hon.... and don't get too down quite yet.... I'm sure your Mom will be coming home tomorrow or the next day the lastest...... by the way.... where's the boyfriend???? Is he also in jail????? If not, ask him to take you down to where they are holding her and talk to someone in person.... afterall he played a part in this too, ask him to help you and her.
BEST OF LUCK.... I'm sure it will all work our for the best for you and Mom.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

Because Mom doesn't learn . . .

Lizzle4shizzle said:
What is the name of your state? California

My mom is on probation for a felony charge she got about a year ago, she got into a fight with her boyfriend and the cops showed up and she ended up in jail. Well she got out soon after and everything has gotten better, she goes to anger management, dumped the sleazebag boyfriend etc... My mom has smoked pot ever since i can remember, she never hid it, and im ok with it. Today she had an appointment with he Probation Officer and when she enetered the courthouse the X-Ray machine revealed that she was in possesion of about a gram of marijuana and also some resin she had scraped from a pipe. They held her there, and she called me while she was waiting for the cops and the guy who detected the stuff in her bag had said that he thought the resin was actually herion, which i know for a fact it is not. Anyways, now shes in jail and the cops wont tell me whats goin on. What can happen to her?

My response:

Congratulations!

Your initial post just became a Runner-Up in our end of the year, "Most Stupid Post" contest, being held on December 15, 2004.

Thank you! Make sure to come back on December 15, 2004 to see if you're the Grand Prize winner!

For further details, Rules, and prize list, go here:
http://petit.philou.free.fr/

IAAL

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

sweet_honesty said:
I AM ALWAYS RELIABLE

Don't pick on this kid.... she is worried about her mother!

QUOTE]

My response:

Wow!

You're defending a druggie, multiple time, criminal loser?

Okay, now I know where your head it at -!

Some "mother", huh? Always loaded, even when our writer was a child! Terrific. Glad to see you're on the side of law and order.

Yeah, I got your ticket.

IAAL

Last edited by a moderator:
S

sweet_honesty

I'M DEFENDING A CHILD!!!!!!!!

She came in here looking for some kind of answer.... and got you!

stephenk

how old are you and how old is your mom? I ask because you may not get access to your mom if you are under age.

A

adesire2Bhappy

This is to sweet_honesty!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Get a JOB!!!!

sweet_honesty said:
FIRST OFF..... IAAL.... I DON'T DO DRUGS....

If you don't do drugs. Then what do you do? Aside from laying on your back with your legs up in the air popping out kids and living and raising them on tax payers money. you've been in this forum a very short time so many posts you have made. my suggestion to you is if you are able to sit a give your 2 cents worth of advice. Take some of your own advice get OFF your .... get a JOB. Off of your back and support your kids with your own tax dollars. Then maybe you wouldn't have so much time on your hands to sit here and put IAAL down. After all he has a JOB..... :D

L

Lizzle4shizzle

this is ridiculous

All i have to say is that all of you people have way too much time on your hands. These volleying responses to each post are so childish. All i wanted was an answer, which i didnt get, instead i received criticism and hatred."I am always liable", your supposed to be a lawyer, If you want to spend your days bashing people who have drug addicted relatives and mocking the name of a member of this website "sweet homo" then thats your parogative....im sure your boss at the law firm would love that....forget you people.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">