• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

My Pot Got Busted By the Post Office

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Cat W

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Arizona
:eek: Soooo.... tried to send myself home a couple of grams from Arizona to Ia and the AZ post office copped my package, opened while on the phone with the man whose name is on the return address, saw there was 1.5 grams (if that maybe a little more) and left the conversation pretty open ended... I was filmed sending the package off, which i was described by the officer from the post office who called.... The way the man sounded was as if he was going to dispose of it and that would be the end of it, but i dont trust it, and want to know what my options are, or what they can do to me for sending myself a couple buds in the mail. Any info would be greatly appreciated on this matter.

CdwJava

Consult an attorney ASAP and do not talk to anyone. This is a possible federal felony, and the feds don't care what the states feel about marijuana.

On a side note, this was dumb, dumb, dumb, DUMB! Time to stop smoking the dope and get clean.

OHRoadwarrior

I believe that would qualify for a Federal felony in addition to a civil penalty of at least $250, but not more than $100,000, for each violation

dave33

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Arizona
:eek: Soooo.... tried to send myself home a couple of grams from Arizona to Ia and the AZ post office copped my package, opened while on the phone with the man whose name is on the return address, saw there was 1.5 grams (if that maybe a little more) and left the conversation pretty open ended... I was filmed sending the package off, which i was described by the officer from the post office who called.... The way the man sounded was as if he was going to dispose of it and that would be the end of it, but i dont trust it, and want to know what my options are, or what they can do to me for sending myself a couple buds in the mail. Any info would be greatly appreciated on this matter.
All you can do now is wait and see... You cannot trust what anyone says and there is no point in speculation. goodluck.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">