• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

My uncle and Marijuana

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

LeilonaCat

In Georgia State, my uncle and his friend were pulled over and his friend was found to be in posession of a 1/2 ounce of marijuanna. The gentleman took full responsibility for the bag and was arrested and charged with posession. They tried scare tactics on my uncle, by telling him if he didn't turn someone in, or they would haul him in. Nothing happened; he went on with his life. My uncle has no one to tell on. Three weeks later a man in regular clothes shows up at my grandfather's, who by the way is 71 going through kimo, they knocked he answered. After answering they asked if he was my uncle, he said no, so they pushed him back, showed no badge until he stood up to protect his homestead, where they then began to shout at him saying, "I'm a cop". When he saw the badge he backed off, but his head was spinning, not believing he was just shoved, thinking they were about to be robbed or worse. They said they had a warrant, but no one seen it. They arrested my uncle. He is very loved and would give anyone the shirt off his back. Needless to say a few of his friends offered to bail him out on a property bond. I live in Seattle; my husband is in the armed forces. Later last night he was released. He told me he was being charged with buying & selling. He and the other gentleman both said it wasn't his, but I understand how they could charge him with posession. They did not charge him with such. Instead 'buying ans selling'. Is this a felony? Is this normal for them to come in 3 weeks after a traffic stop to arrest an old man? I don't know much about drugs or charges. If my uncle is going to be in more than a little trouble, then I would put myself in debt to hire a lawyer. Would hiring a lawyer help us here?

Some Random Guy

Drug dealing is a serious offense, most likely a felony, and he needs a lawyer. If he cannot afford one, he can have an attorney appointed to him.

A distribution charge for 1/2 ounce of weed seems quite agressive. I suspect that there is considerably more to this story. Once arraigned and in contact with a lawyer, he should be able to find out more about the charges against him.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">