• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Narcotic theft

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

magdalene

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Pennsylvania

I was recently called and asked to come to the police station to answer questions regarding another nurse stealing narcotics at the nursing home that I work at. I am an RN. She is trying to exonorate herself by blaming me. An investigation is under way. I know my charting was not up to par at times and fear any discrepancies may incriminate me, plus there are drugs missing and someone is pointing the finger at me. What are the chances of me being charged? The police officer I spoke with told me that I am not currently under suspicion. Should I get a lawyer now?

dave33

Yes, get a lawyer now. He may also have to represent you in the state licensing department. Depending on your charges, if the state board of licensing finds out that could also be an issue.May want to keep that in mind.goodluck.

lealea1005

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Pennsylvania

I was recently called and asked to come to the police station to answer questions regarding another nurse stealing narcotics at the nursing home that I work at. I am an RN. She is trying to exonorate herself by blaming me. An investigation is under way. I know my charting was not up to par at times and fear any discrepancies may incriminate me, plus there are drugs missing and someone is pointing the finger at me. What are the chances of me being charged? The police officer I spoke with told me that I am not currently under suspicion. Should I get a lawyer now?

Didn't you do the required signed/witnessed med count at the end of each shift?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">