• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Need advice

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Cbear

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Idaho

I was prescribed xanax for panic attacks and I took 2 and blacked out but I continued to function and continuously take more xanax and remain blacked out for three days. While I was blacked out I was found at my aunt and uncle's house with an empty bottle of flexeril in my pocket and I was charged with petty theft, possession of stolen property, and trespassing.
Apparently I took the pills from my friend's house when I was over there. The prosecutor said that the moment I took the pills from my friend's house that it became trespassing and that the charges were accrued from his house and not my aunt and uncle's.

Advice?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

ERAUPIKE

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Idaho

I was prescribed xanax for panic attacks and I took 2 and blacked out but I continued to function and continuously take more xanax and remain blacked out for three days. While I was blacked out I was found at my aunt and uncle's house with an empty bottle of flexeril in my pocket and I was charged with petty theft, possession of stolen property, and trespassing.
Apparently I took the pills from my friend's house when I was over there. The prosecutor said that the moment I took the pills from my friend's house that it became trespassing and that the charges were accrued from his house and not my aunt and uncle's.

Advice?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
Did you have a question?

Cbear

Sorry for rambling and being indirect.

1. Can they charge me for trespassing at my friend's house when I was invited to come inside in the first place?

2. Is there enough evidence to prove that I stole the bottle if it was just found on me while I was blacked out?

ERAUPIKE

Sorry for rambling and being indirect.

1. Can they charge me for trespassing at my friend's house when I was invited to come inside in the first place?

2. Is there enough evidence to prove that I stole the bottle if it was just found on me while I was blacked out?
1. Yes, they can and have.

2. If you took something that did not belong to you, blacked out or not, you are guilty of theft.

dave33

They can charge you with just about anything. Big difference between a charge and conviction. I don't know why you are talking to the prosecutor,you should be talking to a defense lawyer. He may have a different opinion of the situation.

ERAUPIKE

They can charge you with just about anything. Big difference between a charge and conviction. I don't know why you are talking to the prosecutor,you should be talking to a defense lawyer. He may have a different opinion of the situation.
Not true. You should ask Google how charges are brought against defendants and the process that must be followed. You have entirely too much time on your hands pretentious dave.

dave33

That is so vague it's ridiculous. Officers are allowed a lot of lee-way. No doubt about that. Preposterous one. You seem to have just as much time.

outonbail

You were found with an empty medicine bottle, so how does that equate to stealing pills? Did your friend notify or tell the police that the bottle was full in their medicine cabinet and that when you left the bottle was gone along with it's contents?

Did they take your blood to determine what was in your system?

When were you at your friends house, was it during this three day coma adventure?

Cbear

You were found with an empty medicine bottle, so how does that equate to stealing pills? Did your friend notify or tell the police that the bottle was full in their medicine cabinet and that when you left the bottle was gone along with it's contents?

Did they take your blood to determine what was in your system?

When were you at your friends house, was it during this three day coma adventure?
1. My friend didn't notify the police that the bottle was full, they just found it on me and assumed I stole it because it wasn't in my name.

2. They didn't take my blood to determine what was in my system.

3. Yes, it was during the three day coma.

ERAUPIKE

That is so vague it's ridiculous. Officers are allowed a lot of lee-way. No doubt about that. Preposterous one. You seem to have just as much time.
Can you show me a reference that states that?

How did you come into possession of the pill bottle?

You weren't charged with being under the influence, they had no reason to test your blood. It would have no bearing on how you came into possession of the stolen property.

A coma is likely the wrong word for your condition during your crime spree, constant drug abuse resulting in memory loss is probably more accurate. This has no bearing on your charges or the punishments that will stem from your court dates. Get an attorney asap.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">