• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Need Advice: Constructive Marijuana Possession and Constructive Drug Paraphernalia

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

shadymilkman

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? MARYLAND

I left a college party and caught a ride with some acquiantances (5 of us in all). We got pulled over because the driver crossed the yellow line according to the police officer. The driver was given a field subriety test and it was determined she was not drunk. They had probable cause and searched the car. I had no clue these acquaintances had anything illegal on them and I was clean. I was removed from the car and placed in handcuffs and immediately got searched. I was clean and the cop told me to wait outside of the car. At this time I saw the cops find a bag with a pipe inside. Then 2 people in the car admitted they had drug paraphernalia and handed it over to the police. Many officers showed up on the scene and searched me including at least one other person multiple times. I admitted I had been drinking and said I was 21 years old.

At this point I was sitting outside of the car and could not see much inside the car but the cops apparently asked everyone in the car who the bowl belonged to. The kid that it belonged to will not admit it he said "As far as I am concerned this stuff flew in the window" or soemthing ridiculous...

We were then taken to jail and I was told I was being charged with "Constructive Drug Possession as well as Paraphenalia". The cop told me this is because no one would claim whose paraphenalia it was.

Does anyone have any good legal advice for getting these charges dropped or getting in touch with some legal advice for my situation?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">