• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

need advice on drug charges

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

brandon86

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? IA

Last night while in the shower the cops came to the door due to the smell of marijuana. My girlfriend has never had experience dealing with a situation like this and when the cops asked her who was smoking she said that it was her. She also told them that it belonged to her. They then came and got me out of the shower and proceded to search the apartment. I willingly gave up the two pipes that i had and my joint papers. They wrote out notices to appear for for possesion of marijuana and paraphenelia for both of us. MY girlfriend only said it was her due to fear and trying to protect me. I want to know if when we go to court if she will be charged or not if they know that it all belonged to me and she had nothing to do with it. I will tell the judge that it was mine. If anyone can help me with this i would appreciate any advice.

FlyingRon

Get a lawyer.
The judge is under no obligation to believe your statement that she had no involvement in light of her statement and the observations by the police.

xylene

Get a lawyer.
The judge is under no obligation to believe your statement that she had no involvement in light of her statement and the observations by the police.
Nor does her confession and admissions amount to a defense for your possession charge.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">