• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Need advice please

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

saviovega

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? PA

Hello,

So I just received paperwork today that I have a court date in about a month for PA section 780-113 subsections a16 & a32 (possession of controlled or counterfeit substance & possess with intent to use drug paraphernalia) and PACC 5503(a) Disorderly Conduct. Now when I was pulled over, I was asked if I had anything on my persons. I said I did, and pulled out a 0.5 gram of Hash in a bag. Lab tested positive for Delta 9 THC (Essentially marijuana) Since it was under half a gram, should I be charged? What was the paraphernalia? And I know DC can be charged for anything, but I was polite and honest with the officer. Now, I was just laid off (perfect timing, right?), so I cannot really afford to be represented. Should I be fighting this? Can all these charges stand? Thanks. Any advice is greatly appreciated.

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? PA

Since it was under half a gram, should I be charged?
Why not? In PA it's 0-30g of marijuana or 0-8g hashish. Anything over zero is a violation. You are looking at up to 30 days in jail and up to $500 in fines.

What was the paraphernalia?
Don't know.

Now, I was just laid off (perfect timing, right?), so I cannot really afford to be represented.
If you cannot afford an attorney one may be provided for you. You can ask about this at court

Should I be fighting this? Can all these charges stand? Thanks. Any advice is greatly appreciated.
You have not provided enough details about the stop. Here's the thing--you confessed to the officer that you had hashish on you and gave it to him, so there's no question that you were in possession of an illegal substance. The only thing you can hope to do is impugn the traffic stop in a bid to get the evidence suppressed.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">