• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Need Help FAST!!!!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Bears_baby

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Virginia
I have been charged with 6 counts of distribution of schedule 2 & 3 drugs. The confidential informant has since passed away. On the videos that the CI made, you cannot see any exchange of drugs or money and the only mention of drugs was some to be gotten at a later date. What I want to know is if they can use those tapes against me since the informant is deceased and I cannot cross-examine him. I have the right to face my accuser and I feel like if they admit the tapes, they will be taking that right away from me. Any help anyone can give will be much appreciated. If you know of a case referral or anything, plese tell me. Thank You Very Much!!

FlyingRon

Depends on what the tapes are. If the tapes were just replacement for testimony, you might have a chance. However, if the tapes are some sort of video surveillance the ci is NOT a prosecution witness, you don't get the right to cross-examine him even if he were alive.

This is a very SERIOUS charge and you should be having a lawyer looking into these and other issues.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">