• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

NEED HELP - H&S 11550: Under the influence

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

kvncortez

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? California

Hello,

Today I overdosed on heroin and was taken by ambulance to the nearest hospital. While at the hospital a cop came in and cited me for H&S 11550 and I have a court date coming up on May 17th. I've done heroin 4 times in my life and the 4th time was today when I overdosed. I've never been convicted of any crimes or had any trouble with the law.

My question is what could I possibly be facing? Should I hire a lawyer to represent me?

I'm 21 small guy i am extremely afraid of going to jail, and I cant afford a drug treatment program.

Please please respond.
Thanks
Kevin

CdwJava

Ask your attorney about Prop. 36 (PC 1000). It is a drug diversion program. You will be on probation for a year and a half or longer while you are in treatment, but if you successfully complete it the case will be re-opened and dismissed.

kvncortez

Will I be put on supervised or unsupervised probatation? My lawyer is going for the defered entry of judgment.

kvncortez

Will I still be able to use ambien. I have a valid prescription from my psychiatrist and without it cant sleep. I take it as prescribed. As far as i know they dont test for it either.

CdwJava

Will I still be able to use ambien. I have a valid prescription from my psychiatrist and without it cant sleep. I take it as prescribed. As far as i know they dont test for it either.
That would be a question for the court and for your probation officer.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">