• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Need help/info quite a crazy situation

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Messedupp

State - North Carolina

Okay so, I've gotten myself into quite a mess.. If I could just get some clarification of what can happen and the time that goes along with what I've gotten myself into I'd deeply appreciate it.

So, to start, Im on 2yrs. felony probation which was offered to suspend a sentence and get a formal dismissal upon completion.
Charges:
4 counts Felony B&E motorvehicle
4 counts Misdemeanor larceny

Those charges were my first offenses (I was 16 at the time of being charged so the DA and judge showed some mercy). I officially started my probation March 2010 and had a few slip ups for which my PO gave me more community service hours but did not charge me with a violation. I had complied with every condition for the past 8 months until last month. I caught another charge being a total idiot and was charged with 1 count felony "Attempt to obtain a controlled substance by fraud/forgery" (Which is only the second time I've been charged/arrested) I had just 38 days left of the two years (I know... I'm a moron). Now, When I was arrested for this new charge, I spent 25 days in county jail and was released on EM. I have my final meeting with my PO coming up in two weeks and a court date regarding this forgery charge the day after. I was released after going to my probable cause hearing and getting the bond unsecured, I did not get indicted (yet... I suppose) and the case is still floating around in district court. If my court date, when it goes to superior court, for this new charge falls after the date of the end of my probation (assuming he doesnt violate me at my meeting and lets it ride) will I be officially done with the 2 yrs. probation, get the formal dimissal, and then stand a chance to possibly be offered another suspended sentence/probation for this new case?

Also, if I have never had a violation, is reinstatement a possibility in my case, and possibly just getting another few years of continued probation instead of serving my sentences?

Or is the sequence of events more likely to be: I go to see my PO, he violates and takes me across the street to jail, then my district court date is the next day and it would go to superior im assuming, and then I have to wait till my superior court appearance get ordered to serve the sentence that was originally suspended plus whatever I get from this new charge.

Sorry about this being so long, detailed, and incredibly ridiculous. I'm driving myself crazy thinking about what the heck is going to happen and I thank you all in advance for whatever advice/information you can toss my way.What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

dave33

There is no way to know the answer to the question you asked. What you are going through is just the process you have to go through for a felony violation and a new charge. The plea deals that can be worked out is numerous, and suppose all you presented could be possible. goodluck.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">