• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

need help in ohio

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

diane6629

What is the name of your state? ohio
My son is 18 and was at a party and got arrested for underage consumption,and possesion of drugs.The drug was marijuna,about a gram and a half.My son has never been in trouble with the law before.He was arrested and made bail.We go to court tomorrow and dont know what to expect.He was not read his rights,can this help our case?

The Occultist

He was not read his rights,can this help our case?
All lack of Miranda means is that anything he said as part of an interrogation that came AFTER an arrest cannot be used against him. Odds are, the found the alcohol and marijuana on his possession, and that evidence will be used against him, so they don't need to use any of his statements against him, so no, the fact that rights were not read don't mean a thing.

seven53

What is the name of your state? ohio
My son is 18 and was at a party and got arrested for underage consumption,and possesion of drugs.The drug was marijuna,about a gram and a half.My son has never been in trouble with the law before.He was arrested and made bail.We go to court tomorrow and dont know what to expect.He was not read his rights,can this help our case?
Expect $650 in fines ($150 for the dope, $500 for the brew) plus court costs and a six month license suspension.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">