• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Need Help really bad

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

heartsr4caring

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Maryland

My boyfriend was charged in June in felony drug charges that supposedly happened in October the previous year. He was supposedly selling to an undercover officer. From the beginning this case seemed like it wasn't right. We live in a very small town and everyone knows everyone. My boyfriend had one courtcase that ended in a mistrial because evidence was brought up that was not allowed or something like that. The officer even admitted that my boyfriend knew who he was, so he was "surprised" that he sold to him.
While the officer was on the stand he said a description of a car, but it is nowhere in his statement. Now that same day that he supposedly sold to the undercover he got a fleeing and eluding charge and they are using the same car for both.
I just dont understand how they can use his previous charge, that he already served time for and assume that it is the same car earlier that morning. It's not his car, it is a friend of his car. We asked his lawyer who is a public defender but he didn't seem to care and just said they are submitting evidence from the previous case. But like I said there is not a description of a car on his police report so how can he remember over 2 years ago what kind of car my boyfriend was standing by without it being in a report? Also I don't understand how there could be a mistrial because of a mistake on the only witnesses part and they make a new trial and let them submit new evidence (being the other case)? Is that really fair, they messed up why then do they get more time to pull stuff out of their hats?

Please help, we don't have any money for a lawyer and I just don't think that the public defender is really defending him. I don't really know where to turn.

Some Random Guy

Police, like many people can remember things without writing them down. How does the type of car he was standing next to affect the fact that he was selling drugs to a police officer?

Its even more likely for the police to remember things if they are part of a highly emotional event - For example, if the police officer spend 15 minutes in a high speed chase of your BF in a blue camaro, it might reinforce the police officer's memory that your BF was standing next to that same camaro earlier in the day when he sold the officer drugs - a car that he didn't report in that morning's police report because it wasn't that important at the time.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">