• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Need a lawyer? Caught with marijuana, extacy, and a pellet gun is a concealed weapon?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Kevin1986

Just loking for advice hear as I will be making phone calls today.

I was caught in a ride check in toronto, canada (Im canadian). My sticker was expired so they were going to give me a ticket for that, so as the officer was writing that ticket I was sitting on the curb (he thought I was drinking but i wasnt). Some other random cop asked about the situation and just started searching my car! Didnt even ask!

Well sure enough I was done there with freidns to party and the search proved successful for them. They found my marijuana (which I knew about, maybe 10 grams) and admitted to that, then they aparently found extacy in the front of my car somewhere (dont know where, wasnt shown the drugs, wasnt asked about). So they proceed to tear apart my car on the road, the lift up my REAR passenger seat, you have to flip it up, and theres my pellet gun, no loaded, no ammo in the car, but it looks pretty real other than being plastic but its black. Cops flipped.

Put me in jail for most of the night and released on promise to appear. Was charged with possession of marijuana under, possession of controlled substance (might not even have been extacy to be honest i dont know) and possession of a concealed weapon.

The trial or first appearing is next friday (june 20) and I dont know what to do. I dont have the cash for the lawyer and I want to keep my parents out of it, were not the closest at this point. The 2 drug charges are in one courtroom @ 9am and the weapons charge is in the same court, but at like 3pm.

I should mention I also have a public mischief charge from like 2 years ago or a little longer, was put on probation and community service and diversion program for that.

So what should I be doing? Finding a high price lawyer? Or is there alternatives? Do I need to have this done by my FIRST court date they set or do I have time and should just be going myself on that day? I dont know if on that date there is chance I could be put behind bars or if thats the one and only final day or what......

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">