• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Need Opinion

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

BABYFROG

What is the name of your state? I LIVE IN KENTUCKY,I HAVE BEEN CHARGED WITH TRAFFICKING A CONTROLLED SUBSTANCE, HYDROCODONE 5.5 , 1ST OFFENSE, I WAS OFFERED 4 YRS ON MY 1ST OFFENSE WHICH I THINK IS KINDA SILLY. BUT I WAS WANTING HOUSE ARREST BRECAUSE MY 19 MONTH OLD BABY WAS 2 1/2 MONTHS EARLY, HE STAYED IN THE HOSPITAL FOR 2 MONTHS,AND HE STAYS SICK A WHOLE LOT:( AND I JUST GOT MY 6 YR OLD BACK LAST MARCH,SO I GUESS MY QUESTION IS DO I HAVE A GOOD CHANCE IN HOUSE ARREST IF I ASK FOR IT? BECAUSE LIKE I SAID MY BABY STAYS SICK ALOT FROM WHERE HE WAS A PREEMIE, AND SICK BABIES NEED THEIR MOTHERS, I NEED SOME GOOD ANSWERS, THANKS

Some Random Guy

Your sentence will be determined by the judge and any other answer will be just a guess.

I WAS OFFERED 4 YRS ON MY 1ST OFFENSE WHICH I THINK IS KINDA SILLY
You think its silly, but society has decided they want to get tough on drug dealers and the laws reflect their attitudes.

BUT I WAS WANTING HOUSE ARREST
Yeah, and I want a pony. What you want has no relation to what you deserve.

BRECAUSE MY 19 MONTH OLD BABY WAS 2 1/2 MONTHS EARLY, HE STAYED IN THE HOSPITAL FOR 2 MONTHS,AND HE STAYS SICK A WHOLE LOT
The judge can see this as either a case for leniency (to help out the child by having you care for him) or for no change in sentencing (jail time will let the child be raised by others since your lifestyle is probably the main cause of his health issues).

AND I JUST GOT MY 6 YR OLD BACK LAST MARCH
So CPS had the child removed from your home? That doesn't speak highly of your parenting skills.

Conclusion: Have your lawyer prepare you for the typical sentence handed down in your area. Have him argue sentencing for you. He will know what to stress when requesting leniency.

outonbail

What is the name of your state? I LIVE IN KENTUCKY,I HAVE BEEN CHARGED WITH TRAFFICKING A CONTROLLED SUBSTANCE, HYDROCODONE 5.5 , 1ST OFFENSE, I WAS OFFERED 4 YRS ON MY 1ST OFFENSE WHICH I THINK IS KINDA SILLY.
Unfortunately, the judge will not look at Trafficking a controlled substance as being silly. He/she will recognize it as a serious offense and it would be smart of you to also see the severity of these charges for what they are and not what you think they should be.
BUT I WAS WANTING HOUSE ARREST BRECAUSE MY 19 MONTH OLD BABY WAS 2 1/2 MONTHS EARLY, HE STAYED IN THE HOSPITAL FOR 2 MONTHS,AND HE STAYS SICK A WHOLE LOT:( AND I JUST GOT MY 6 YR OLD BACK LAST MARCH,SO I GUESS MY QUESTION IS DO I HAVE A GOOD CHANCE IN HOUSE ARREST IF I ASK FOR IT?
Jesus I hope not. You're saying that you are responsible for these children and you chose to sell these drugs without giving any thought to the repercussions of doing so? I'm not only referring to what can happen to you legally, but to what your exposing these children to. Drugs and the people who buy them off the street! What are you referring to when you say you just got your 6 year old back, back from where and who?
BECAUSE LIKE I SAID MY BABY STAYS SICK ALOT FROM WHERE HE WAS A PREEMIE, AND SICK BABIES NEED THEIR MOTHERS, I NEED SOME GOOD ANSWERS, THANKS
Sick babies and babies in general need good mothers, who nurture, care for, provide for and protect them from harm of any sorts. Good mothers aren't always their biological mothers.
Do you consider yourself a good mother?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">