• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

needing proof that you can test positive for counting money

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

desperate333

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
Texas
Where can I get documentation for the court that counting a large amount of money can get you to test positive? Please help! I count a lot of money at work. In the thousands! I live in a drug invested part of town. I just need to know its there anywhere that I can find that could be represented in court or to my P.O. that will show proof of this.

Last edited:

Silverplum

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
Texas
Where can I get documentation for the court that counting a large amount of money can get you to test positive? Please help!
That just begs a new question:

Where'd you/he GET that "large amount of money" that was clearly tainted by lots of drugs?

:cool:

justalayman

while it is common knowledge that a large percentage of money is contaminated with drugs of various types, the amount of exposure and type of exposure would cause very limited positive results and then even with those results, an actual level of drug should support either incidental contamination or use long enough in the past that the levels would be diminished to the level tested.

proving one of those from the other would only be likely if there were recent drug tests to show a clean test or some level of presence prior.

so, what drug did you read dirty for and what was the level found?

CdwJava

The concentration will tell the tale. And, of course, it will depend on WHAT drug you tested positive for.

It is highly unlikely that counting any amount of money would result in a positive test at all given the minimum cutoff levels set.

justalayman

I can only find anecdotal evidence of the fact you would show positive.

“Imagine a bank teller who’s working with cash-counting machine in the basement of the bank,” Adam Negrusz, an associate professor of forensic sciences at the University of Illinois at Chicago said to CNN. “Many of those bills, over 90 percent, are contaminated with cocaine. There is cocaine dust around the machines.”

Negrusz then said that, because of the residue in bills, employees can breathe in cocaine, which could result in a positive test result for the drug, before adding that potential false positives were what inspired the researchers to conduct the study.
I have found nothing truly providing any claim it is a common occurrence and absolutely nothing providing typical levels found in money handlers systems.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">