• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

no money honey

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mikejones13

What is the name of your state? Illiniois i was arrested for possession of marijuana a class c misdemeanor. I have no previous criminal record at all. I pleaded guilty to the charge and received court supervision and a fine, at the time i was in school and unable to get a job, so the fine went unpaid. I am worried that on my next court date that is coming up I'll be facing jail time.
I have since gotten a job, would it matter if i showed up with a copy of my current work schedule and a promise to pay the fine

Last edited:

mikejones13

wow you guys are being really mature about this whole thing does that make you feel good to try to belittle someone that has a genuine problem or to make stupid comments about grammar totally irrelevant to the issue at hand thats fantastic you guys are doing great work

moburkes

mikejones13 said:
wow you guys are being really mature about this whole thing does that make you feel good to try to belittle someone that has a genuine problem or to make stupid comments about grammar totally irrelevant to the issue at hand thats fantastic you guys are doing great work
Oh, goodness. No one is belittling you. Have a little humor! Seriously, you are honestly looking for help. You want people to read your post, and offer information. We get that. But you didn't take the time to proofread your own message to make sure that it was understandable to the people you want advice from. Does that make sense? Does that show any type of respect for your audience?

Instead of editing your post, you said that you had better things to do with your time...which opened up the door for the comments. Why? Because these people have better things to do with their time, than have to decipher your original post. Get it? Then you write ANOTHER response, again, with no regard for your audience.

But, yet and still, you are looking for advice.

outonbail

mikejones13 said:
I have since gotten a job, would it matter if i showed up with a copy of my current work schedule and a promise to pay the fine
I don't believe the Judge who will review your case, will be reading this post. Which is a shame as he is the only one who can answer your question with one hundred percent accuracy.

However, if you want to proceed in a way that will provide you with the best chance of not going to jail, I suggest you show up with money, rather than your work schedule.

You may have overlooked this unique solution, but I highly recommend it, since it has always been my experience that you make them the happiest, by giving them whatever it is they've asked for.

Perhaps you can show the work schedule to your family or friends and borrow the money from them?

mikejones13

gosh your really smart i didnt think of that... if i had money i wouldnt take it i would just take my work schedule and hope for the best.. i dont have any money genius this site is a joke

The Occultist

Now, I will admit I don't have much court experience, but I don't believe the courts have started accepting work schedules as a form of currency. I wish they did; I personally print off several hundred for my staff per week. I'd be rich!

Seriously, a work schedule does not mean anything. If you talk to the courts, they seem to be very friendly when it comes to working out installment plans. Try for that, and stop being an ass to those from whom you request advice.

AHA

mikejones13 said:
i didnt know this was a grammar class i have more important things to worry about than periods and commas
If you don't care about making sure you are understandable, then why should strangers on the internet care about trying to figure out what you are saying, and then try to help you?
Enough of people's time has been wasted here. Great job!

vonnegutfan

mikejones,
don't pay any attention to those who are just looking to make themselves out to be better than you. I admit your post was a little hard to read, but don't let people put you down. The last thing you need is to be more depressed.

I believe everyone here is in agreement that you have to get the money for court. I know it can be hard when you don't really have family who is just willing to fork over cash for you, and if your credit is screwed up, you probably can't get a loan. Just keep thinking, and hopefully you'll come up with something.

I'm sorry you had to go through all this, too. Marijuana is a touchy subject with me, especially since some states have unusually harsh laws against it, and some just give a simple fine like a speeding ticket. I think some states are beginning to realize that people smoking marijuana don't generally smoke it and rob people or beat up their wives and kids. Well, I guess maybe if they have to pay a big fine or go to jail, they might rob someone, but that is obviously a terrible choice and very illegal. I smoked for a while, years ago, until I realized that it will get you in trouble and is very bad for your lungs.

So, what you need to do is save every penny you have. Don't use your money to buy marijuana as you know how expensive it is! Instead, go to your local library and get some books to read. It keeps your mind off bad things like pot and court dates.

outonbail

vonnegutfan said:
mikejones,
don't pay any attention to those who are just looking to make themselves out to be better than you. I admit your post was a little hard to read, but don't let people put you down. The last thing you need is to be more depressed.

I believe everyone here is in agreement that you have to get the money for court. I know it can be hard when you don't really have family who is just willing to fork over cash for you, and if your credit is screwed up, you probably can't get a loan. Just keep thinking, and hopefully you'll come up with something.

I'm sorry you had to go through all this, too. Marijuana is a touchy subject with me, especially since some states have unusually harsh laws against it, and some just give a simple fine like a speeding ticket. I think some states are beginning to realize that people smoking marijuana don't generally smoke it and rob people or beat up their wives and kids. Well, I guess maybe if they have to pay a big fine or go to jail, they might rob someone, but that is obviously a terrible choice and very illegal. I smoked for a while, years ago, until I realized that it will get you in trouble and is very bad for your lungs.

So, what you need to do is save every penny you have. Don't use your money to buy marijuana as you know how expensive it is! Instead, go to your local library and get some books to read. It keeps your mind off bad things like pot and court dates.
I for one think your still high. If you no longer smoke marijuana, you must have gotten some really good sh_t when you did,,,,,

"go to the library and get some books to read",,,, where do you come up with these habit breaking suggestions?

How about he just skips the library altogether and instead, gets a J.O.B. This way he can receive a pay check and pay for his troubles. Problem solved!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">