• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

not on calender on scheduled court date

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mrmanteca

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? ca san joaquin county
on 12/16/2011 i was given a ticket for misdermeanor poss of marijuana and a court date for 02/01/2012 i go to court on that date and was not on calender .i went in clerks office and asked them to check when i was to be in court and she checked and told me she could not find anything so what do i do now

CdwJava

Hopefully you have some proof of attendance at court for that appearance.

About all you can do now is wait for notification and, perhaps, contact the court every week to ask if the matter has been scheduled for court or not. Make sure to keep a journal of your contacts and who you spoke to ... just in case you later get accused of missing a court date you never knew about.

Is the address on the citation an address where you might actually be contacted or get mail? Is the address on your driver's license or ID card the same address?

mrmanteca

not on calender on sheduled court date

yes i got the clerk to give me something saying she checked and could not find any matters.and yes address on ticket is mailing address

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">