• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

not sure

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

broncman2000

Wyoming. The police came to my apartment complex to do a welfare check on a number that kept hanging up On 911. I met them at the door and talked to them outside then they said they saw a pipe and asked us to give it to them. they followed me in without asking and took the pipe. They said they didnt have time to deal with it tonight so they ran our names and and said we would have to face a judge later but left without arresting or citing either one of us. What should i expect/do?'

quincy

Wyoming. The police came to my apartment complex to do a welfare check on a number that kept hanging up On 911. I met them at the door and talked to them outside then they said they saw a pipe and asked us to give it to them. they followed me in without asking and took the pipe. They said they didnt have time to deal with it tonight so they ran our names and and said we would have to face a judge later but left without arresting or citing either one of us. What should i expect/do?'
You could wait to see if you are cited and then you could contact an attorney if you are. Good luck.

quincy

Will they just mail me a ticket?
They can mail the ticket, yes. Whether you will be charged with anything, however, is a question mark.

And based on what you have said, I think there is a possibility that any ticket could be dismissed if one actually is issued - which is why you should speak to an attorney if you are charged.

mistman23

What should i expect/do?'
I would at a minimum get to know your 4th and 5th amendment rights up and down. Also do a search for Miranda warning and assume that applies every time you talk with the police. Never incriminate yourself and it would be best to talk to a lawyer for sure if you can afford it.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">