• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Notice to Appear for Poss. of Paraphernalia in Florida

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

justsomeguy10

My question involves criminal law for the state of: Florida

So this past Friday, my friends and I got pulled over for the tint being too dark on his vehicle. Long story short, the driver said it was fine to search the car. The police (who was a narcotics officer) found a small vacuum sealing container that smelt like and contained a couple tiny (really tiny) crumbs of marijuana. This is the second time I have received a notice to appear for the same thing. The first time (about a year ago) I was put on probation, had to take a class, and pay some fees (completed everything in about about a week and was off probation) but I did a background check of myself on the state website and it pulled up no record of me. So I guess my question is what can I be expecting in court?

Another note I should add. The officer pulled me aside and told me that if I work with them to bust a dealer of mine (my identity being kept confidential), the charges would be dropped, however, this could potentially put me in a sticky situation.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated...

Thanks

dave33

My question involves criminal law for the state of: Florida

So this past Friday, my friends and I got pulled over for the tint being too dark on his vehicle. Long story short, the driver said it was fine to search the car. The police (who was a narcotics officer) found a small vacuum sealing container that smelt like and contained a couple tiny (really tiny) crumbs of marijuana. This is the second time I have received a notice to appear for the same thing. The first time (about a year ago) I was put on probation, had to take a class, and pay some fees (completed everything in about about a week and was off probation) but I did a background check of myself on the state website and it pulled up no record of me. So I guess my question is what can I be expecting in court?

Another note I should add. The officer pulled me aside and told me that if I work with them to bust a dealer of mine (my identity being kept confidential), the charges would be dropped, however, this could potentially put me in a sticky situation.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated...

Thanks
You know exactly what will happen, you have been through this before.

You are considering working with the police because you got a notice to appear on a misd.? Pathetic.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">