• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

obtaining a prescription by fraud 1st offense

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

128patterson

south carlolina.. i had gotten 2 teeth pulled on march 27th..i was prescribed loratab and a anitbotics..i was able to afford to get my pain medicine but not my antibotics so i kept my prescrition in my wallet .... well i work for a really big comapny and we do have random drug tests so i try to keep a copy of any type of barbituate or anxiety medicine... well i had been able to save up enough money to pay for the anitbotics within the next week so i went to publix pharmacy to fill it i figured that if they saw the date was an earlier date then they could just call the dentsist and verify it and no problem. Well i was not paying attention and handed them a copy of an old precription that i had copied (on a copier not forged, just to clarify) from months ago well they call that dentsist and they said that no i had not been there for months andit was a fraudluant prescription so they filled it and called the police i paid for the meds that i thought was the anitbotics that i went there to get filled and was arrested and charged with obtaining a prescription by fraud-1st offense. what can i do to prove it?

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
south carlolina.. i had gotten 2 teeth pulled on march 27th..i was prescribed loratab and a anitbotics..i was able to afford to get my pain medicine but not my antibotics so i kept my prescrition in my wallet .... well i work for a really big comapny and we do have random drug tests so i try to keep a copy of any type of barbituate or anxiety medicine... well i had been able to save up enough money to pay for the anitbotics within the next week so i went to publix pharmacy to fill it i figured that if they saw the date was an earlier date then they could just call the dentsist and verify it and no problem. Well i was not paying attention and handed them a copy of an old precription that i had copied (on a copier not forged, just to clarify) from months ago well they call that dentsist and they said that no i had not been there for months andit was a fraudluant prescription so they filled it and called the police i paid for the meds that i thought was the anitbotics that i went there to get filled and was arrested and charged with obtaining a prescription by fraud-1st offense. what can i do to prove it?
Come up with a better story about how you can confuse and 8-1/2" x 11" piece of paper with a small prescription form.

Seriously - talk to an attorney.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">