• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

old convictions.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

evilpressley

What is the name of your state? nc
i was told that after so many years you can petition the courts to remove old convictions from your records and wondering if it is true.
in 1994 i was busted with 2oz of pot in a dui checkpoint, but the cop just charged me with simple poss. of less then 1/2oz all for personal use and no papers or scales were persent, was given a ticket and allowed to leave. never was searched, only the car i was in was searched, never cuffed or read any rights. just took aside form the driver and other passengers were searched though. you see we came up on a cop and before i could get to where it was, in a guitar case, the cops were on us. the ticket said i didn't have to appear in court, which was wrong, and i could mail it in. when i went to court i the totl fines and costs were either $125 or $165, 1 year unsupervised probation, 30 days suppend sentence and 24 hours community service. since then all i have gotten were a few traffic tickets and an open container in nc in 2000. so is it possible to have this expunge this from my record?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">