• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

old drug charge haunting me

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

connieoblisk

ohio/florida i was arrested in florida in 1987 for possession of cocaine.this is the one and only time i have been in trouble with the law. i was 21 back then. i'm 50 now. i've lived back in ohio for almost 7 years now and am finding it very difficult to find a job in my field. i'm a caregiver working in a group home with people who have mrdd. it's all i've ever done. i love my work, but no one will hire me because i'm a felon. i never had to go to jail, i did everything that was asked of me and i've never been so stupid again. i've learned my lesson. now, how long can this be held against me? what can i do to fix this problem. it's become a priority for me to take care of this so i can find a decent job. thanks for any help you can give me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">