• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

outcome of a missed court date??

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

scrib11

California-----my boyfriend ws caught with steroids in his car after being pulled over for suposed illegal turn. while going threw the court process his court dates had been continuely mixed up and many times they had given him dates to show up on and they didn't even have him written up for that date. The last time he went they sid he had missed his last court date. so they then arrested him, put him in handcuffs and told him his options were to fight his case in jail, register as a drug affendor, or go through drug treatment and be on probation for 18 months while taking 2 drug tests a week. he did choose the drug tretment and probation. was this gone about the right way? was the judge able to put him in tht situation with only those three options? it being his first missed date and all?

bellestar

He was lucky he got 3 options. It only takes one missed court date to get a bench warrant. There are many ways to find a correct court date. If one cannot figure these out, one should refrain from driving with drugs in the car.

dholm

All it takes is one missed court date, no matter the reason, to set off a warrent. My boyfriend had court for a silly menacing charge and being the brilliant human being he can be, forgot about the date. He was arrested and $500 dollars later with a raised charge my boyfriend is now home. The court system sucks sometimes, but I suppose the lesson learned is don't do anything dumb, or don't get caught. Sorry to hear about your misfortune though.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">