• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Pain management drug testing

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Helpmeplease27

Couldn't most pain be covered under the blanket of "neuropathies"...

(I'm not asking you to tell us what you are diagnosed with...I was just making an observation.)
Thank you for saying this. I had googled it and the article I read didn't seem like it would have anything to do with me, but then I typed in my pain area (post surgery head pain) and it sounds like it can fall into that category.

Helpmeplease27

When you are being open and honest with the pain clinic (if this IS a pain clinic ... you never said), don't have any marijuana with you. There are penalties for possessing marijuana and, depending on the amount carried, possessing marijuana is a criminal offense.

Good luck in treating your pain.
Thank you. Yes, it is a pain clinic and I never have the marijuana on me during the day as I only use it when I'm not leaving home.

Helpmeplease27

You implied earlier that you do not want to use the marijuana because you don't want to be "stoned" all the time. So which is it?

And why is a pain center (or whatever it's called) drug testing you? What is the purpose of that?
I want to be able to get help from the pain management so I'm not in pain all the time but right now the only that helps me outside of ODing on ibuprofen is the marijuana. I take enough ibuprofen during the day, I'd probably have stomach ulcers if it was all that I use. The marijuana also does a better job for the pain, so between that and not wanting to OD on the ibuprofen, I can't stop taking it.

And the pain management tests to make sure the patient isn't taking unprescribed medicine and that they have what is prescribed in their system. So I'm not even 100% sure if they'll even test me.

quincy

I want to be able to get help from the pain management so I'm not in pain all the time but right now the only that helps me outside of ODing on ibuprofen is the marijuana. I take enough ibuprofen during the day, I'd probably have stomach ulcers if it was all that I use. The marijuana also does a better job for the pain, so between that and not wanting to OD on the ibuprofen, I can't stop taking it.

And the pain management tests to make sure the patient isn't taking unprescribed medicine and that they have what is prescribed in their system. So I'm not even 100% sure if they'll even test me.
You should probably plan on being drug tested by the pain clinic.

HighwayMan

Super Secret Senior Member
If ibuprofen works then why not use it? If you take it sensibly it shouldn't cause ulcers.

What do you consider "ODing" to be? How much do you need to take?

quincy

If ibuprofen works then why not use it? If you take it sensibly it shouldn't cause ulcers.

What do you consider "ODing" to be? How much do you need to take?
It appears that Helpmeplease72 is trying to manage his/her pain without ANY drugs (Ibuprofen OR marijuana), hence seeking help at the pain management clinic to find an alternate means of treating the pain.

Helpmeplease27

It appears that Helpmeplease72 is trying to manage his/her pain without ANY drugs (Ibuprofen OR marijuana), hence seeking help at the pain management clinic to find an alternate means of treating the pain.
Thank you, that is what I am hoping for.

I've never had a problem with taking ibuprofen in the past, but in order for it to work for this problem I'm often taking far more than what is considered safe on the bottle, and this is with substituting the marijuana in the evenings.

On another note, I was not drug tested. However, due to prescription pills making me sick and the needles they tried not working, I'm apparently a lost cause for pain management.

I want to thank those of you who took the time to give me advice, it is greatly appreciated.

quincy

Thank you, that is what I am hoping for.

I've never had a problem with taking ibuprofen in the past, but in order for it to work for this problem I'm often taking far more than what is considered safe on the bottle, and this is with substituting the marijuana in the evenings.

On another note, I was not drug tested. However, due to prescription pills making me sick and the needles they tried not working, I'm apparently a lost cause for pain management.

I want to thank those of you who took the time to give me advice, it is greatly appreciated.
Although I understand your desire to handle your chronic pain without medications, if nothing else seems to be working for you, you might want to see your doctor about getting approved for medical marijuana.

We appreciate the thanks, Helpmeplease27. Good luck.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">